Founded in 2002 by naturalist Chris Evers, Animal Embassy is dedicated to exotic animal rescue & adoption and environmental education.
Animal Embassy specializes in hands-on, educational and interactive experiences for students of all ages, varying needs and special abilities. Program offerings enable students to connect with the natural world in a nurturing, hands-on & safe environment through live animal visits, wildlife artifacts and digital slide presentations.
Animal Embassy has a wide variety of rescued and adopted animals which enhance our presentation of a range of topics including diversity, biodiversity, habitats, adaptations, conservation and more. Animal Embassy has rescued or adopted more than 500 exotic animals over the years and currently maintains over 100 non-releasable animals in educational exhibits, including small mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, arachnids and insects.
Animal Embassy has the unique ability to:
- Bring science-based, live animal experiences to people of all ages.
- Provide interactive programming that brings science curriculum “to life” for school students.
- Engage children in their studies by allowing hands-on time with living examples of their curriculum in a nurturing and safe environment.
- Help children to appreciate the diversity of life on Earth with an extraordinary variety of live Animal Ambassadors
- Encourage critical thinking by facilitating the recognition of our similarities and appreciation of the differences in all living things.
- Provide anti-bullying/community-building programs with live Animal Ambassadors.
- Entertain, educate and engage people of all ages and differing abilities.